The Philippine Disaster Resilience Foundation has released an initial list of companies and foundations that are responding to the series of earthquakes in Mindanao.
A PLDT GenSan-Cotabato customer experience service delivery associate installs broadband connection at the local government unit’s command center in the earthquake-hit municipality of Makilala in Cotabato.
The Philippine Disaster Resilience Foundation, a major private sector vehicle for disaster management chaired by Cardinal Luis Antonio Tagle, Jaime Augusto Zobel de Ayala and Manuel V. Pangilinan, today released an initial list of companies and foundations that are responding to the series of earthquakes in Mindanao.
The list, which is not complete, represents an organized network response to reach more affected communities and families in coordination with NDRMMC. Among the groups are:
- Air Asia — provided flights to transport DSWD relief goods and tents, drinking water from Maynilad
- AirBnb Foundation — accommodations for PDRF ground team
- Ayala Foundation — participation in rehabilitation effort
- Bank of the Philippine Islands — deployed a response team
- A-PAD Philippines — relief efforts by regional platform in Davao; land transportation for PDRF team
- Coca Cola Foundation — 2,000 cases of Wilkins bottled water for an estimated 12,000 families in Tulunan
- Energy Development Corporation — deployed Emergency Response Unit in Kidapawan City
- Globe Telecom — Libreng Tawag, Libreng Charge Service, blankets, soup packages
- Jollibee Group Foundation — 50 sacks of rice each to three LGUs in Makilala, Tulunan and Kidapawan
- Makati Medical Center Foundation — Coordinated with the Philippine Air Force and Philippine Airlines for transportation of folding beds
- Manila Water — Mobile Treatment Plant, 1,000 pieces of 5-gallon water containers
- Maynilad — 1,200 gallons of drinking water, 400 water jugs, 79 water filters
- One Meralco Foundation — 500 solar lamps, 450 water jugs
- Pepsi Cola Products — drinking water
- Philippine Air Lines — transport of folding beds
- PLDT — free internet to Command centers in Makilala and Kidapawan, 500 blankets to Makilala and Kidapawan evacuation centers, 300 gallons of water
- PLDT Smart Foundation — 1,000 food eco bags, 1 sack of PLDT shirts
- Smart Communications — Libreng Tawag Service, 15 tents for Command Center and evacuation centers, 500 blankets, provision of SAT phones and regular phones for Libreng Tawag Service and communications support, 210 Sacks of Joy bags at Daig Elementary School, food packs for 300 families in Makilala, hygiene kits and drinking water in Kidapawan
- Tzu Chi Foundation — 1,030 folding beds, 100 boxes of blankets
- Metro Pacific Foundation — P500,000 for health needs of victims through Makati Med Foundation
In addition, PDRF deployed a team to Cotabato to coordinate relief work.